Monday, June 15, 2009

what went wrong

so, i started running with a pair of sneakers and consistently upgraded to the shoes i have on today. i don't know if most runners share the same sentiment but i have an emotional attachment to my running shoes. websites and sports magazines tell me that at 500 miles you should replace your running shoe but i thought different...my mind set was that at 500 miles, my running shoes should deserve a last hurrah, a curtain call, a swan song. so, i decided to run a 21km (greenfiel run) race with the shoes that i was going to retire, and we performed well but it was time to retire them. my new shoes felt fucking great; they felt great on the heel and they felt wall on the toe and they looked pretty awesome. but, i injured myself for the first time while in them....

they felt so good that i ran 50km while in them...they felt so good that i did hills workout on them but, what fucked my knees up was my over confidence. i thought that my body could take anything and everything i gave it, until now my left knee hurts. what affected it was that until now i got my excercises from the internet and they worked out very good until i came across a knee stretching excercise which is what ruined me. i'm not going to name the excercise but i think the point here is that if it works for you don't change it; 'if it ain't broke, don't break it'.

as new runners we tend to get excited about learning new excercises, techniques etc but what you must realize and know is that everyone has a unique body, everyone has a unique reaction to things.

No comments: